iPhones / iPads Android phones, quite a few Nokia’s and some BlackBerry’s have to ability to add web apps to the homescreen.
Since what you are creating here at mob.is.it is exactly a “web app”, you can add it to your homescreen in a few easy steps.
iPhone / iPad
For iPhones it is really easy: when you are browsing your mob.is.it mobile website with Safari tap on the arrow right in the middle of the bottom bar. This will bring up a menu where you will find a “Add to homescreen” button. Click it – and that’s it!
For Android the process is:
- Bookmark the page you want to add to a Home screen
- Open the browser “bookmarks” screen
- Long-press the bookmark you want
- Select “Add to Home screen”
For BlackBerry’s you can find instructions here: http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/blackberry-platform/articles/15763.aspx
To add a bookmark to Nokia’s homescreen follow these instructions:
- in Web, go to and bookmark your website
- press the home button
- click ‘Options | Edit home screen’
- arrange the homescreen such that you have two blank slots at the top
- tap on the + sign (in the top widget space)
- pick ‘Shortcuts’ from the list of widgets
- tap on the new widget (shown as a row of icons)
- go to ‘Settings’ in the popup menu
- for each shortcut ‘slot’, tap on it and then on ‘Bookmark’ and then on the specific Web bookmark you want the shortcut to go to